PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Indent control / OMS / arranging orders from origin to destination, keeping all customer up to date on the movement of their cargo
· Control indents and handle D term / C Term shipments
· Book cargo and check rates
· Register files and check documents
· Submit files to RCG in accordance with mode requirements
· Load foreign invoices and post sea freight invoices
· Co-ordinate the forwarding process for sea freight
· Liaise and pro-actively communicate with clients throughout the process.
· Follow operational systems and procedures
· Develop and maintain working relationships, networks and partnerships
· Find innovative ways of reducing errors and omissions
· Provide innovative, effective solutions to client's needs
· Status reports
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· 2-4 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding
· CargoWise understanding and previous experience would be beneficial
· Excel / Word intermediate knowledge
· Understanding of Incoterms
· Attention to detail
· Team player
· Good communication skills
CLOSING DATE: 21 February 2020
We welcome suitably qualified candidates, strong in this role to submit CV accompanied by copies of certificates to email@example.com- for consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants not contacted within two weeks, should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
In conjunction to merit based on qualifications, experience and proven achievements Global Logistics Alliance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.