Position: Operations Manager
Location: Pinetown, New Germany
Purpose of the Job:
The Operations Manager is primarily an Operations support function which is responsible to create operations excellence across all functions within the KZN branch, the aim is to enable the Warehouse and Operations teams to deliver exceptional service to customers.
The KZN branch is a strategic component of the organisation within the Supply chain, it is a key link to all our DC’s and branches within and all its affiliated customers. The KZN Branch facilitates the importation and flow of strategic commodities and other goods for the business as well as supporting the branch’s customer requirements.
The satisfaction of customer needs through world class products and services is the main priority of this key role.
Qualification and Skills Level:
- Strong leadership and demonstrated change management ability
- BCom or similar Qualification,
- Formal qualification in Logistics//Operations/Supply Chain Management and a minimum 5 years’ experience within an Operations/Supply Chain Environment or equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems – SYSPRO, SAP, WMS or similar.
- Minimum of 10 Years’ experience in an operations environment
- Project Management Skills and experience
- Member of SAPICS or other Professional Supply Chain associations
Demand Planning and Procurement
- Manage Demand and Replenishment for the branch in conjunction with Factory MRP processes
- Manage Procurement operations in line with Group Policy
- Support Central Procurement initiatives at Head office
- Allocate resources in warehouse to cover receiving, put-away, pick, dispatch
- Design and implement SOP’s for all aspects of the warehouse
- Manage the adherence to SOP’s
- Manage 3rd Party Warehouse operations
- Measure the overall warehouse and review the scorecard with the team
- Support Food Safety Culture and Sustainability
- Manage the allocation of fleet resources (own and out-sourced) to serve customers
- Design a fleet “mix” which suits the customer base
- Design route plans that optimise the fleet without compromising customer service
- Manage fleet costs within budgeted levels and against best practice
Stock Management and Process Control
- Become the custodian and process owner relating to stock management
- Implement systems to manage stock proactively and to limit stock losses
- Measure the adherence to stock manag...