- Tips & Advice
- Interesting Facts
- Finance Tips
Tips & Advice
Look carefully at the quality and wear-and-tear on the carpets, seats, and boot area.
Safety features are also key in determining whether you are getting value for money.
Compare standard features to others in the same price bracket.
When testing driving look out for noise, vibration and harshness.
Check if the gear shift and clutch pedal are smooth and precise.
Check that the brake pedal feels solid under your foot.
Compare the value of the warranty and maintenance plan to other cars.
Check if dealerships for the car brand are widely accessible and that workmanship and service is good.
44% of financed used vehicles are under 2 years old.
Used vehicle prices increased from 2.7% to 3.6%.
New vehicle pricing has decreased by 3%
A total of 87,061 used vehicles have received finance.
50 916 more used vehicles are financed compared to new ones.
MFC Finance Tips
- Know what you can afford - remember to take insurance and registration costs into consideration when shopping for a car. MFC has a few handy calculators to help you.
- MFC offers a number of finance options to suit your lifestyle and financial goals - Instalment agreement, Balloon payment option, and Rate payment options.
- When finding a vehicle don't limit yourself to one brand and make sure to take the car for a test drive.
- Ensure that the vehicle has had a full vehicle inspection carried out, this can be done by DEKRA or AA.
- Make sure that the vehicle seller settles all outstanding license fees, traffic fines and toll fees in full before buying the vehicle.
- Get Insurance! Before taking delivery of your new vehicle you need to get comprehensive insurance on it. This insurance is compulsory.