Web Designer / Developer - Durbanville, Cape Town
Date Listed 22/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity Non EE/AA
A leading National Investment company based in Durbanville, Cape Town seeks a Web Designer / Developer to join their software development team on a full time permanent basis. Extremely good compensation package on offer, subject to qualification and or experience plus internal career advancement opportunities.
• Matric and relevant tertiary qualification (Website Design or Multimedia Design or similar)
• Min 2-5 years working experience in application user interface design and interactive application design
• Experience in designing wireframes
• Experience in Wordpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bootstrap, HTML and CSS essential
• Setup Wordpress Website from start to finish
o Familiar with customizing Wordpress themes and functions
o Front-End customization and manipulation ensuring cross browser solutions
• Strong HTML & CSS knowledge – Must be able to create HTML Landing pages from PSD design
• Responsive Web design & Mobile optimization
• Conceptualize creative concepts – Must be able to create design within Photoshop and slice into HTML
• Implement design for client websites
• Updating and maintaining client’s website, including Security protocols and best practices to ensure website stay updated with latest plugins and code
• Social Media knowledge including Social Share integration with websites
• HTML Newsletter experience – Resolving email client issues to ensure display consistency
• Form Integration and email automation knowledge
• Ensure that all design elements, templates, and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design
• SEO, Google Analytics knowledge (advantageous)
• Strong Photoshop knowledge with design flare – Must be able to create own graphics for websites
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, are mandatory as are working collaboratively with a diverse client base.
• Excellent visual (sketches, wireframes, screen mock-up’s, flow diagrams, etc.), verbal, written and presentation skills
• Knowledge of digital media, web design implementation processes, user experience principles, graphic design standards, design trends and techniques for web and mobile software products
• Ability to translate verbal ideas into concepts and designs that demonstrate the user experience
• Comfortable quickly adapting to dynamic timelines and requirement changes
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Applying for this position:
Only open to South African citizens.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please send your CV with position title as reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org