Foundation phase teacher for needed for homeschooling
We are looking for a qualified foundation phase teacher to home school three (possibly four) children – grades 1 (one or two boys) and 3 (two girls) – for the rest of the year. The schooling would take place in our home in the city bowl. Duties will include:
- Drawing up and managing the curriculums for both grades
- Teaching the children concurrently, focusing on the unique needs and learning requirements of both ages
- Ensuring that the children have reached the required levels of competency in the compulsory school subjects in order for them to move on to the next grades and reintegrate back into the traditional schooling system in 2021
- Establishing and managing a routine that includes regular movement, exposure to music, art and other enrichment activities
- Report back to parents regularly regarding progress and challenges
- Written reports at the end of Term 3 and Term 4
- Foundation phase teaching qualification (SACE)
- Own reliable transport
- Availability until the end of the academic year (Please note we may look to extend the home schooling until end-2021 but with all the uncertainty, we are currently mainly focused on getting our children through 2020 with minimal disruption to their academic progress.)
We envision a typical “home school day” to be 4 – 5 hours long. We would like schooling to start on 6 July, which means curriculum planning would need to commence by 1 July. We plan to follow the school terms as communicated by Government.
If you are interested and suitable for this position, please forward your CV (including proof of qualification), a short motivation and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 June 2020.