Primary School seeks Registered Counsellor
Woodbridge Primary School is looking for a enthusiastic and motivated Registered Counsellor to join our team starting 31 March 2020. Our school consist of approximately 750 learners with a rich diversity. The School Counsellor will perform various functions to aid student success by assisting student in understanding and overcoming social, behavioral, interpersonal or academic difficulties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing group or individual counselling to address the needs of students and some staff members.
- Monitoring and observing students in order to identify and address personal, emotional or social issues.
- Identifying and referring students to psychologists, social workers and other mental health professionals while respecting client confidentiality.
- The ability to type up referral letters for learners, whilst remaining cognizant of confidentiality.
- Consulting with families and staff to highlight student's needs and discuss strategies necessary for improved intrapersonal and interpersonal performance.
- Planning and organize classroom counselling sessions to address career, academic, and personal development issues among students.
- Preparing and supporting student for and through various transitions.
- Maintain thorough and up to date records of sessions conducted, other interactions and information pertaining to learners.
- An ability to work independently is crucial.
- Organizing seminars or psycho-educational workshops within the school.
- Listening to students' concerns and offering the necessary support and guidance.
- Guiding and supporting school staff.
- Establishing positive relationships between teachers, parents, students, and other external agencies.
- Monitoring continual disciplinary issues.
- Attending weekly meetings with the School's mangement team.
- Registered Counsellor (Honours required and Masters beneficial)
- Current registration with the HPCSA (proof required)
- An interest and passion to work with Primary School children
- Driver's License required.
2 years counselling experience preferable. English essential, Xhosa and Afrikaans preferred.
To apply: Please send your CV (with a cover letter) and copy of qualifications to email@example.com before Monday 09th March 2020.