Saturday Maths & Physics Tutor
Kip McGrath Education Centre, based in Lambton, Germiston is a Remedial Centre urgently looking for Part-Time Tutors to teach
- Mathematics: (Grade 10-12)
- Physical Science (Grade 10-12)
Who are we?
Founded in 1976 in Australia and with 560 centres globally, Kip McGrath has an international reputation as a trusted and innovative provider of quality remedial education. Programs are individually tailored to the needs of each student, offering remediation, consolidation and extension learning in numeracy and literacy from Grade R through to Grade 12.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced teachers and tutors or recently graduated teachers who genuinely care about creating tailor-made sessions to ensure successful learning in a positive and caring learning environment.
What you will be doing:
- Teaching students using the Kip McGrath methodologies from our centre located in Denlee, Germiston.(Accross Germiston Lake)
- Tutors are encouraged to teach one or two classes per week, with a maximum of three classes allowed per Tutor.
- Tutoring students in a positive, caring manner to promote self-esteem and self-worth.
- Quickly learning how to use our software to plan and conduct face to face lessons.
- Being available to commit to every class you are scheduled to teach.
- Use your strong rapport building skills to develop and maintain a strong relationship with students and parents.
- Keeping an accurate record of your students’ progress and goals on a weekly basis.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to parents.*
- A teaching degree or completing your degree / Studying towards any similar fields such as Engineering for teaching Mathematics etc.
- Friendly, professional and personable
- You work well in a team environment and also independently
- You demonstrate a positive, vibrant personality.
- Reliability and Commitment is a must
- Confidence using software and computers
- Genuine love for learning and teaching.
- High attention to details and strong organisational skills
- Enough time available to mark and prepare your student lessons in advance - approx. 10-20 minutes per student. All marking and preparing of lessons to take place at the Centre - no student books are allowed to go home with tutors.
- Important: Commitment to teach any classes awarded to you until the end of November 2020*
Benefits of working with us:
- You will join a team of positive, friendly tutors
- Report to a supportive and vibrant manager
- 80-minute sessions with small groups up to 6 (60-minute sessions for Grade 10-12 students)
- Enjoy training to induct you successfully*
Classes run on the following days:
- Saturdays 11:00 - 12:20 & 12:30 - 13:50
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and cover letter. If short-listed, you will be asked to complete our application form.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: R1,200.00 to R4,000.00 /month