Yoga Melayu/ Senaman Tua/ Ancient Malay Exercise classes
New form of exercise to offer Cape Town!
Training the Ancient Malay Exercise connects the mind, body, spirit and soul with an array of health benefits. Senaman Tua/ Yoga Melayu/ Ancient Malay Exercise uses breathing techniques, stretches, silat (martial arts), traditional dance and movements from Malay culture which increase blood circulation, create a sense of wellbeing and also stimulate healing.
Nusaybah is a qualified fitness instructor and trained directly under the founder as well as other gurus in Malaysia. It encompasses the techniques within other exercise systems such as yoga, tai chi, chi gong, pilates, aerobics, anaerobics and self-defence. ST has it all in one. However, pinched ST has not taken or pinched any movement or philosophy from those exercises. ST stands on its own identity.
Senaman Tua literally translates as “old exercise”, not meaning for old people but relating more to it’s “ancient” roots kept within the royal palaces of Peninsula Malaysia for centuries. I like to call is Yoga Melayu for people to understand because it is most closely linked to that type of exercise for wellbeing. However, the intensity of movements can also be effective or strength and toning exercise so it can be tailor made to needs.
- Sitting in front of the computer or sitting too long engrossed in one’s work causes backache. Techniques reduce backache problems, strengthen the back and burn fat in the belly area
- Several exercises are popular & proven to stimulate for intimacy between couples. There are exercises that are encouraged to be practiced before & after making love which is also beneficial for athletes & martial arts enthusiasts as prevention from backache or osteoarthritis after training. It also can be practiced upon awakening from sleep
- Exercises that strengthen the shoulders, livens up the body’s movement in self-defence acts, heals injury in the shoulders, nape & waist if done correctly under the guru’s supervision.
- ST helps to heal patients suffering from chronic diseases such as leukaemia, asthma, diabetes, low and high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, aches in the back, nape, shoulders & other various alignments
- ST is unique in that it enables an underweight person to be sturdy & an overweight one to look smart by consistently practicing ST
Venue: Bosch X Studios
44 Belvedere rd, Rondebosch
Times: Mondays 09:30
Cost: R70 Drop in
5 classes for R300
8 classes for R400
For more information contact: ******