Retail-Wholesale Marketing Manager
Hafre Trading is an Established distributor supplying imported general merchandise starting from plastic-ware, brush-ware, toys, pots for plants, decor and kitchen accessories and have been servicing the retail, wholesale and cash/carry markets. We are looking to employ an ambitious, highly talented Retail-Wholesale Marketing Manager to join our Cape Town team and to play a key role in supporting the Sales, and Marketing drive.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Define and implement Marketing Department and Division level Marketing plans (across all marketing channels) aligned to our product range.
• Conceptualising ongoing “retail/wholesale based” marketing campaigns to drive sales on site and attract new customers and keep your teams updated on competitor activities.
• Build relationships internally with the Retail & Marketplace teams to identify product-based marketing opportunities that the marketing team will need to execute on. Develop in-depth knowledge of your Division and Departments in order to craft meaningful product-based marketing strategies
• Building relationships internally with the Retail and Marketplace teams to identify upcoming product releases and other product-based marketing opportunities that the marketing team will need to exploit. You will need to develop an in-depth knowledge of each of our departments in order to be able to craft meaningful product-based marketing strategies
• Building relationships with suppliers, their marketing teams and advertising agencies to identify strong co-branding and cooperative marketing opportunities.
• Define and implement ongoing marketing plans working closely with promotions team to ensure we are showcasing customer acquisition products.
• Coordinating internal retail and marketing teams to ensure each team is aligned on the marketing and promotional calendars.
• Coordinate Retail Marketing-Sales team and work closely with the team to achieve overall growth KPIs.
Attributes and Experience required:
• A highly driven individual who is motivated to drive meaningful sales revenue for the business through retail marketing initiatives including - online sales, product launches, co-marketing opportunities with suppliers, event and sponsorship marketing.
• Highly disciplined and goal driven, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
• Strong relationship builder and the know-how to unlock opportunities with partners and suppliers.
• An individual who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for continuous improvement
• 3+ year degree/OR related qualification in sales, marketing or PR
• Minimum of 5-8 years retail, sales, merchandise and marketing experience
• Experience working across marketing channels (including digital) with demonstrable results
• Wholesale experience a plus
Should you meet the above requirements, please submit