Sales Assistant – Paint and Hardware Store
Prime Paint & Hardware is looking for a new sales assistant to join our team. Candidates must be self-motivated, demonstrate a willingness to learn, be computer literate and operate within a team based environment. Prior work experience in a paint & hardware store is essential. Only suitable candidates who meet the requirements below will be considered.
Salary: Based on experience, please forward a copy of your latest payslip with your CV.
- Exceed customer expectations by providing excellent customer service together with expert product knowledge.
- Ability to maximise and drive sales by identifying opportunities to increase turnover.
- Ensure individual targets are met consistently.
- Maintain housekeeping, uphold our visual merchandising standards in order to maximise sales
- Adhere to stock loss control in store.
- Understand, accept and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Receiving in of stock & other general store functions.
- Create an inspiring environment.
- Honesty in dealing with cash and finances
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Innovation & change management
- Thinking adaptability
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- 3 years of paint & hardware retail experience
- Matric or equivalent
- Clear criminal record
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of Plascon & Dulux computer tinting systems