Retail merchandisers are the link between buyers and the sales floor, ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time to maximize sales and margin performance. They decide which products department stores or supermarkets should stock. They ensure that the correct mix of products are stocked and displayed, in order to achieve greater sales and maximize profits. They liaise closely with buying and store operations teams to make sure the stock is properly monitored and available, stopping under performing lines and increasing the stock of those products that are proving popular. This helps both the retailer and the manufacturer to maximize sales.
· Communicating closely with buyers, store managers and suppliers
s Gathering information regarding customers' reactions to products
· Accessing and analyzing sales information
· Forecasting sales and profits, and planning budgets
· Monitoring slow sellers and ensuring that best sellers
meet their full potential
· Ensuring that merchandise is displayed appropriately
with proper signage and favorable shelf placement.
· Require travelling
· Working hours: can involve unsocial hours including week ends, the hours will depend on the hours of the mall
Skills and qualities
· Excellent project management and organizational skills
· Proficient upselling skills
· Good at forecasting and paying attention to new and upcoming trends
· Good negotiating and influencing skills
· Commercial acumen
· Ability to multi-task whilst working under pressure
· Ability to develop strong relationships with suppliers and to ensure smooth progression of products on a day to day basis.
Salary Expectation: R10,000 – R15, 000 pm depending on experience excluding commission on new business and a branded vehicle.
• Available to start from the 1st of April 2020
• Email CV to: email@example.com