Retail assistant for the holidays!
We run two trail centres in the stellenbosch winelands that comprise of a retail space, offices and the trail network on two adjacent farms. The trail centre is the place where outdoor enthusiasts purchase day permits to gain access to mountain biking, running and hiking trails. We also have a bike hire on site, that is an integral part of the daily operations.
With peak season coming up we are in need of staff to work at the trail centre during the holiday period.
- Open retail store and attend to customers
- Conduct cash in and cash out at day end
- Organise the retail space to ensure that it is neat and well maintained
- Attend to walk in customers that require permits, retail sales, spares or snacks
- Respond to telephonic and email based queries as they arise
- Assist with operational duties that may be required of you
- Assist with event administration if needed
- Conduct basic mechanical work on mountain bikes as and when required of you, such as pumping tyres, changing pedals, etc
- Manage the bike rentals, permit sales, indemnities etc and ensure that documents are complete
- Be able to work on Weekends and some holidays, at adjusted hours (Earlier)
- Studying or have previously studied, with a minimum of Grade 12
- Punctual, honest and well presented
- Must have a working knowledge of how a mountain bike works, what the components are and how to make basic adjustments on a bike. (at least the ability to change pedals, tyres, valves, pump up tyres etc) and be willing to do these tasks.
- Must be physically capable
- Must be someone that loves the outdoors and preferably rides currently or enjoys running/hiking/cycling etc.
NB: Very important to this role, is that you have your own reliable transport and can get to the farm independently.
Hourly rate offered of R50 p/h. Working hours are typically 07:45 until 16:30, although these do change depending on the season.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief description of yourself, indicating why this would be an ideal role for you to email@example.com.