Retail Shop Assistant
As the Retail shop assistant you will be responsible for the day-to-day sales in-store and tasks assigned to you by the retail manager
- An energetic personality, a great communicator and passionate about building a business, driving sales, working with a team and focusing on customer service.
- Matric essential, Minimum of 1 years retail store experience in fashion preferred
- Prepared to work retail hours (including weekends, holidays and overtime)
- Retail system and excel exposure preferred
- Afrikaans a plus but not mandatory
Typical work activities
- Create and develop fantastic customer relationships
- Meet Monthly / Quarterly / Annual sales targets
- Merchandise the stock in store and prepare promotional displays
- Follow product management processes involving ordering, receiving, price changes, handling damaged products, and returns
- Protect customers and fellow staff by ensuring a safe and clean store environment.
- Follow loss prevention plan to prevent theft of stock and store takings
- Prevent and deal with customer theft
- Provide feedback on trends, customer comments local competitor’s undertakings to facilitate planning and forecasting of future sales
- Update management on the store’s performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Cash up and banking at the end of the day
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of the store
This is for a minimum contract of 3 months, with renewal available depending on performance.
Please email CV with picture and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org