Christian Connexion Store Manager Port Elizabeth
The Methodist Publishing House / Christian Connexion book stores are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Store Manager based in Port Elizabeth. The Store Manager is responsible for the overall management of the store and is responsible for fulfilling the mission of spreading the Word by improving sales and to improve the profitability of the shop while observing Christian ethics.
Store Manager: Port Elizabeth
- Minimum of a National Senior Certificate. A post-school qualification would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in the retail industry
- Knowledge and experience in store management and functions (sales and marketing, budgeting, reporting, banking, stock control, customer service, merchandising, managing staff)
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail in banking, accounting reporting, and stock ordering and receipt
- Excellent communication skills in English, and isiXhosa an added advantage
- Driver’s licence and own transport to run book tables away from the store
Key responsibilities: Improving store turnover, Meeting budget: sales, expenses and gross profits, Stock control, purchasing and ordering, Customer service, Merchandising and general store appearance, Product knowledge, Management of staff, Maintaining security of the store, Running book tables at conventions, churches, synods where feasible. Establishing and maintaining relationships with local churches – local marketing of the store; Marketing of the store through various channels including church communication channels, social media, local opportunities. Keeping administration up to date and reporting to head office, Liaison with other branches and head office, Any other tasks specifically assigned by head office.
- · Communication skills
- · Sound retailing knowledge in the book trade
- · Marketing principles and practices
- · Product knowledge
- · Stock control and ordering principles
Remuneration and commencement date
The remuneration package will be offered commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The position is available from 6 January 2020.
The MPH / Christian Connexion is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. Submission of an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates that have not been shortlisted must consider their application to be unsuccessful.
All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter, detailed CV, as well as three recent references and certified copies of the qualifications and identity document, forwarded via email to:
The General Manager, MPH;
Email address: email@example.com; Applications for this position close on 30 November 2019