My client based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town is looking for a Retail Planner to join their organisation. You must have 3-5 years relevant experience in the field with retail stores and NOT wholesale experience. You must be advanced on MS Suite and have a passion for fashion.
The Retail Planner represents the integration point between the Purchasing, Merchandising and Sales functions for the Local Retail Team. Key responsibilities include accurate planning of demand based on previous data and latest information collected from Merchandising, Sales and Finance. The Retail Planner will partner with Purchasing counterparts to align demand and supply plans of the local company to ensure an optimum of availability while balancing demand and supply flows in Retail.
- Analyzing past sales figures/trends and current inventory to anticipate future product. Plan product value and units to sell in all Retail Stores & Outlets across all Divisions/Genders and Business Units.
- Setting and managing the model store buying patterns (assortment mix/Capacities and size ranges)
- Compile Monthly Sell through reports to be shared with product engine team.
- Analyze stock flow and monitor stock movement to meet Sales & Inventory KPI’s.
- Manage & analyze a pricing plan for Outlets to maintain inventory KPI’s.
- Jointly accountable with the Buyer for delivering maximum sales, margin, and profit to the business.
- Accountable for buy spend, OTB/buy level management, divisional inventory control and option count.
- Assortment plan financials to maximize profit, sales, space density and option flow whilst optimizing inventory and managing risk on trend product. Compare option requirements and mix vs. field requests and VM information, feedback and quantify gaps to business
- Ensure that in-season and pre-season plans, and targets are balanced to match space and supports store budgeted plans (sales, margin, density and inventory). Jointly Responsible for bottom-up and top-down pre- and in-season targets to fulfill budget targets e.g. back best sellers in appropriate depth and manage risk on trend product.
- Reconcile assortment plan to financial plan with Retail Merch Manager & Head of Retail to sign off
- Deliver target parameters and plan framework to Buyer to direct range build. Range build with Buyer and ensure agreed level of alignment is delivered globally whilst producing customer focused range which maximizes profit.
- Reforecast weekly to manage inventory, intake, sales and profit forecast and manage OTB/Buy level. Communicate all revised targets to Buyer and Retail Head. Create action plan to manage opportunities and risks, ensure implementation of actions. Present sales data on a weekly basis to retail department in weekly trade reviews.
- Key/NOS Items – manage the creation of pre- and in-season key/NOS item inventory, sales and allocation plans ready for purchase. Agree any amendments before implementation – Handle ALL NOS replinishments.