A company based in Hillcrest is looking for a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries,
Responsibilities include, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker
Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies.
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Experience as a Baker,
- Familiarity with all kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Preferably living in the Hillcrest area.
- 3 years experience.