Date Listed 29/08/2018
A PE (Port Elizabeth) based company, specializing in lifting equipment is looking for a Technical Trainer on Forklifts. This individual MUST HAVE a Trade as either a Qualified Forklift Mechanic or Diesel Mechanic or Petrol Mechanic or Auto Electrician or even a Millwright with previous technical experience. Minimum of 3 years post qualification with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience
- Matric, Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- MUST HAVE a Trade Qualified Forklift Mechanic or Diesel Mechanic or Petrol Mechanic or Auto Electrician.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience pertaining to materials handling, and other EIE brands.
- Facilitator; Constituent Assessor / Moderator (registered) with previous technical training background
- Code 8 / EB driver’s license.
- Forklift Operator license.
- SETA / NAMB certification as assessor and moderator would be ideal
Key performance areas:
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the training provided is in line with legal, SETA / NAMB, OEM and company framework of objectives, standards and general best practice requirements.
- Ensure that content of training material is at all times aligned with current SETA / NAMB, OEM and legal requirements.
- Preparation and timeous submission of monthly technical training reports.
- Apprenticeships / Learnerships / ARPL:
- Arrange and undertake workplace visits to assess and review and/or verify the learner’s /apprentice progress and learning being delivered per the stipulated schedule/program..
- Counsel and guide learners through their particular learning programme when and where necessary and assist with disciplinary, grievance and personal problems.
- Arrange trade tests with parties involved – candidate, National Skills Development Facilitator, SETA / NAMB representatives, etc.; if required, arrange the date, venue, transport and accommodation for candidates.
- OEM / Product training:
- Schedule, coordinate, prepare presentation of OEM / Product training material and deliver training to participants.
- Participate in theoretical and practical examinations of candidates.
- Ensure efforts and contributions are focused to grow the company’s skilled workforce in line with business objectives.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, operations manuals and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to identify and correctly utilize relevant diagnostic equipment and specialized tools.
- Ability to perform accurate diagnosis/troubleshooting.
- Electrical (Motive) specific knowledge and experience HIGHLY advantageous.