Chicken Coop 'Villa' from GardenStuff
Date Listed 28/10/2018
The City of Cape Town allows us to keep up to 5 hens without needing a permit. No roosters are allowed (SMC 05/09/05, Paragraph 12).
It is an urban legend that a rooster is required for the hen’s to lay eggs - so as long as you don’t want chicks, one can do without that noisy bird.
GardenStuff’s chicken coops are sturdy and add value to any garden.
The coop is made out of top grade SA pinewood, treated against the elements, and is perfect for up to five hens.
● The hen-house is 80 cm long, 75 cm wide and 155 cm high.
● Made of top grade SA pine wood from sustainable forests.
● Tongue and groove construction.
● No nails! We only use galvanised bolts, stainless steel hinges and rust-resistant screws.
● Egg box with hinged lid and two nesting compartments (up to seven hens share one nest).
● Access door slides shut.
● Two perches.
● Two perches.
● Screened ventilation in the gabled roof.
● Chicken ladder on hooks.
● Hinged maintenance door to access the roost area.
● Slide out droppings tray.
The coop is portable and suitable for shipping.
Please note that chicken coops are not hermetically sealed. A proper hen-house needs openings for access, ventilation and maintenance.
We have done our utmost to prevent rainwater from getting inside the coop. However, one can expect some reasonable water ingress, especially if the sliding door is left open during heavy rain.
For the full range of hen houses and tons of chicken info, please visit www.chickencoops.co.za
Add to Watchlist