Well-known wine estate, situated in the Stellenbosch region, requires a hardworking, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our busy Maintenance Team as Assistant to the Maintenance Manager.
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- Be a responsible self-starter, fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar or mechanical/ electrical maintenance role and be eager to learn new skills in estate maintenance.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and PrDP.
- Hold an Electrical/Mechanical tertiary qualification.
- Be Computer Literate.
- Have good communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime and assist with after-hours emergencies and operational requirements as required.
Transport can be negotiated in the Stellenbosch area, otherwise own reliable transport is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Maintenance on all estate vehicles, equipment, buildings and related infrastructure and assets.
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding.
- Team leading & supervision of staff and contractors.
- Training and mentoring maintenance staff.
- Conducting general and technical checks as directed.
- Completing technical checklists.
- Conducting general equipment and building inspections on all farm assets as directed.
- Workshop administration, job cards, tool and equipment sign out/in, documenting use of consumables, spares and tools.
- Monitoring inventory and re-stocking parts / tools / consumables, following workshop protocol.
- Acting as maintenance/farm representative during after-hours periods, responding to maintenance requirements and assisting all departments to remain operational.
- Assisting manager in daily operational tasks and administration.
- Logging /receiving job cards, assessing task requirements, spares procurement, task completion and ensuring the appropriate standard is achieved.
- Practical plumbing, painting and decorating, cement-works, building, paving, carpentry, mechanical repairs/installations/servicing, minor electrical repairs/replacements, landscaping, tiling, specialised cleaning, routine checks and other maintenance related tasks as directed by management.
You will be expected to work over-time, as and when directed by management when required to meet deadlines of operational importance or when conducting certain tasks which during normal working hours are deemed to be too disruptive to guests or hospitality departments by discretion of management.
Full time (07:00 – 17:00) – 5 days a week / Subject to Farm Requirements
Please send updated CVs with contactable references to email@example.com