We are the largest, single-source supplier of heavy-duty, auto-electrical components, collision avoidance systems and associated technical services in Southern Africa.
We are currently recruiting for an Auto Electrician to become apart of our exciting team!
· Work with computer controlled engine management systems and other systems as well.
· Service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled machines such as electronic field systems, electronic gear selection, air-conditioning and monitoring systems and safety systems.
· Install electrical components and equipment such as gauges, lights, radios, alternators, starter motors and wiring looms.
· Test the repaired parts/vehicles for safety, using special tools in order to ensure the proper operation and the effectiveness of maintenance activities
· Install electrically operated accessories such as radios, strobes, cameras and convertors.
· Use of meters, diagnostic instruments, laptops and circuit diagrams to find electrical faults.
· Testing and replacing of faulty alternators, generators, starter motors, magneto’s and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries.
· Use of hand tools, specialized electrical tools and instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes, etc.
· Follow safety and protection instructions and rules at work and ensure the proper use of equipment’s and tools to prevent any possible danger.
· Solder or weld when repairing electrical parts, sell and Install electrical parts and accessories
· Repair and service air-conditioning systems.
· Utilize the mobile management system to capture daily timesheets, service report, vehicle checklists, installation checklist, surveys etc. Submit all electronic reports within 24 hours of completion of job.
· Any other duties as reasonably requested from the company.
· Trade Qualification (Automotive Electrician)
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience within the field
· Driver’s License
· Product a Knowledge (Auto Electrical products)
· Knowledge of earth moving equipment
· Computer literacy (this includes safemine and ET diagnostic systems)
· Analytical & problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge in performing preventive maintenance.
· Knowledge in safety practices associated with vehicles maintenance
· Must have excellent time and quality management skills
· Good command in both Afrikaans and English languages
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of application kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.