An exciting opportunity to join a prominent Western Cape based construction company. This new role offers a broad spectrum of duties and will require adaptability from the successful candidate and that can think on their feet. We are looking for a competent construction foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and sub-contractors, you will be a key person for the completion of projects.
Duties include (not limited to):
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans;
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew;
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities;
- Plan and order raw material to ensure site is not held up by lack of stock;
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate;
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met;
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment;
- Resolve problems when they arise;
- Report on progress to managers;
- Any other tasks assigned to you.
Skills, Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years proven experience as site foreman;
- Skills of foundation & brickwork;
- Understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry;
- Experience in finishing stage of residential units;
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to communicate and report effectively;
- Is able to accurately follow, understand and implement the detailed Microsoft bar chart block programs;
- Problem-solving abilities;
- Good physical condition and stamina;
- Valid drivers license;
- Own transport;
- No criminal record.
SALARY PACKAGE: 350k pa CTC. Negotiable dependent on skills and experience.
Please email your CV to email@example.com