We are on the hunt for a
talented and reliable Maintenance Technician, (mechanical aptitude
advantageous) who's role will be to conduct planned and preventative
maintenance on machinery as well as repair machine breakdowns to join a well Established Organisation in Durban.
In this position, your responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of the business. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, hydraulic systems, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Help develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Minimum 2-3 year's post apprenticeship practical experience as an artisan in a production environment or
· Minimum 5 years’ time served as an artisan experience
· Experience within the Bakery industry background will be advantageous
· Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
· Mechanical/Electrical Skills
- Maintenance on Bakery Machinery
- Good numeracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision
If you fit the above criteria above please email cv’s