Chief Financial Officer-24 Months Fixed Term Contr
Participate in the development of strategic plans.
- Contribute input into the overall conceptualisation and development of the strategic plan and supporting annual performance plan
Develop, implement, and manage the risk management process.
- Support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the risk management process and plan that supports the strategy.
Planning and Organising
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and Supply Chain Management reports (on content, financial and staffing, etc.).
- Quarterly evaluation of the implementation of the strategy benchmarked against the approved budget.
- Manage the performance of the budget and ensure that the business plan targets are fully consistent with business strategy.
- Monthly and quarterly management accounting (analysis of financials with a view to informing management decisions).
- Effective, efficient, and economic use of resources that supports the budgeting processes.
Overseeing the budgeting process that supports the overall strategy.
- Develop and consolidate the 3 year and annual budgets that support the overall Strategic Plan and business plan.
Compliance and governance
- Ensure adherence to PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Trust Deed, King 4, and protocol for governance in the public sector.
- Performance management of relevant supplier relations and the specs for supplier relations management and contributing to the SLAs.
- Ensure structured and regular engagement with the Executive Authority counterpart.
- Support team members by providing capacity and information when needed.
- Ensure that the internal control system is in place: to prevent unauthorised, irregular, fruitless, and irregular expenditure.
- Develop and/or improve on accounting and operational policies and procedures, with a view to complying with Public Financial Management Act (PFMA), General accepted accounting principles, Auditor General’s circulars-11.
- Ensure asset management is in compliance with Treasury regulations (GRAP, GAAP).
Financial and Supply Chain Management
- Ensuring sound and controlled financial management systems.
- Revenue, assets, and liability management; Expenditure Management; Investment Management; Cash and banking management.
- Overseeing, monitoring, and reporting on the implementation of a Supply Chain that is fair, equitable and transparent, and cost-effective system.
- Ensuring an effective and adequate Supply Chain Management system.
- Demand management, Acquisition Management, Logistics Management.
- Contract Management and SCM performance...