Executive Assistant to CEO
An exciting position for an Executive Assistant to the CEO has become available in the Sandton, Johannesburg area, whose primary responsibility is to provide logistical and office coordination support.
Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the CEO, providing general office management, meeting and event coordination.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, attending meetings and preparing expense reports.
Key Performance Areas and Indicators:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filling.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance.
- Makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Creating win-win situations for the direct access to the CEO’S time and office.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’S office and departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’S ability to effectively lead the company.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and request, and handling them when appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with CEO to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Carrying out specific projects as directed by the CEO.
- Project managing upcoming Events.
- Reporting on the progress of Departments to the CEO, as per his request.
- Collecting and providing information/ documents to the CEO on Departments, as per his request.
- Researching different topics, as per the CEO’s request.
- Devising and implementing action plans, as per the CEO’s request.