BoosterPlug - Yamaha XT, MT, XJ, FZ, YZF, XJR, XV, SCR, XVS
Date Listed 25/09/2018
For Sale By Dealer
Invest in a BoosterPlug for your Yamaha motorcycle. Your bike is most probably running too lean.
The BoosterPlug is accepted worldwide as an affordable way to transform your Yamaha from ”OK” to ”Really Good”. You don’t have to spend a small fortune on complicated multi adjustable electronic devices or Dyno hours to make your bike run as it should have.
The BoosterPlug is a true Plug and Play solution that will make your bike so much better:
- Improved and softer throttle response.
- Harder acceleration.
- No more low speed surging.
- Stronger and more reliable Idle.
- Reduced Puffing with an aftermarket exhaust fitted.
Why a BoosterPlug?
Instead of an optimal air/fuel mixture of 13.6:1 all modern engines run too lean – at 14,7:1. Engines don’t like too lean mixtures. Typical symptoms are a snatchy, on/off throttle, less power - especially at low rpm, rough engine, engine running warm and pinging, loss of usable rpm at lower revs resulting in a jerky engine.
How does it work?
A BoosterPlug restores the air/fuel mixture to the optimal level of +-13.6:1 – only when needed. It intercepts signals from the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor, telling the bike’s computer that it is 20°C colder than ambient. Increasing the mixture by 6% makes the motor happy and your bike more driveable.
The Boosterplug increases the air/fuel mixture just under acceleration (or in open loop mode only) so that your bike stays fuel efficient when cruising (in closed loop mode), giving improved throttle response and power when you need it most.
What do I gain by fitting a BoosterPlug?
A true Plug and Play solution will make your bike better:
- Improved throttle response when rolling on or off
- Solve on/off throttle snatchiness
- An enriched air/fuel mixture under acceleration improves acceleration
- Removes the jerky low speed running typically associated with modern lean burning engines
- Stronger, more reliable idle; clean pull from low rpm
- Reduces puffing on engine braking with aftermarket exhausts
- Engine runs cooler – less cooling fan intervention or hot air on legs
Is it easy to install?
- BoosterPlug installation takes 10 minutes on most bikes
- Plug and play
- Unplug the wire to the IAT sensor on the air box, install the boosterplug in line, tie down the temperature probe and you are ready to go!
- No wire cutting or splicing
- The effect is instant
- Easy removal
Does it work?
Over 30 000 units have been installed on almost all types of motorcycles worldwide. Riders report better throttle response, more usable rpm, smoother engines, more usable acceleration, less jerky rides.
What bike does it fit?
There is a BoosterPlug for most Yamahas with EFI - 600, 660, 900, 1200.
Price: R2 295 per unit, free postage in SA.
Roodt Griesel at West Coast Parts, 254 Blaauwberg Road, Table View, Cape Town
Tel: 021 5562313
"Your Bike will love you for it."