Group Asset Protection Manager
To ensure that the organization’s assets, including the prime product and the human resource, are protected at all times and that the rule of law, as defined by company policy, corporate governance and civil law is professionally maintained and upheld.
- National Diploma-Police Administration.
- B Tech Degree-Policing
- Management Development Program or Equivalent
- Must have more than 10 years’ Management experience at a senior level within the South African mining industry or at an equivalent level within the Security field
- Community / stakeholder engagement experience and experience in the use of technology in enhancing asset protection (Access control, web protection, Asset protection)
- Labour Legislation knowledge
- Industry based legislation e.g. charters, industry agreements etc.
- Occupational specific legislation e.g. specific engineering legislation, metallurgical legislation, labour legislation, environmental legislation
- Safety, health & environment legislation and regulations
- Operational planning, goal setting, scheduling etc.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience in developing policies, procedures and systems
- Report writing skills
- Management and supervisory skills
- Contracts Management experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the CEO
- Ensure that the organization’s assets, including the prime product and the human resource, are protected at all times and that the rule of law, as defined by company policy, corporate governance and civil law is professionally maintained and upheld.
- Holistic protection services function to achieve the company’s strategic business objectives
- Develop and align asset protection goals in line with the corporate strategic policy
- Manage the development, implementation and alignment of asset protection policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure the ongoing maintenance of asset protection across the company’s operations
- Provide a professional, adequate, efficient and cost-effective asset protection service.
- Maintain a relationship with the local and national authorities, law enforcement, Minerals Council and other related private / government agencies
- Provide pragmatic strategic leadership in terms of protection of the company’s assets
- Maintain a culture conducive to the protection of all assets and operations
- Operational Performance Maximised
- Safety and Health
- General Management