Experienced Qualified Mechanic with Test Papers
We are looking for a qualified experienced Mechanic with trade papers to join our dynamic team. The incumbent must have a proven track record in leading a team of people and managing a workshop/service Centre. We are looking for someone who will share the same vision of the business in becoming the recognised leader in sports and classic car restoration, modification and manufacture.
- Direct Reports of all floor staff
- Responsible for people development, retention, training, coaching and empowerment
- Effective capacity management of direct reports
- Innovative and intelligent utilization of our people resources through multi-skilling,
succession planning, capacity management to gear up for future growth
- Initiates discussions on a regular basis concerning work related issues such as team motivation, conflicts, and work performances, with a view to seeking solutions.
- Report into and plan with Management for the co-ordination of resources
- Signing off timesheets/job cards
- To ensure the efficient and effective use of staff, workshop facilities and equipment.
- To determine priorities and allocate work to workshop staff
· Estimates: labour, materials, and other requirements for completion of specific jobs and provides written estimates when required
- To determine customers’ needs and respond as necessary in accordance with directions issued on customer care, including booking in vehicles for maintenance & repair
- To undertake the full range of duties of a multi skilled Mechanic maintaining / repairing all types of vehicles, including welding, electrical work, etc
- To monitor work progress and pursue, as necessary.
- To advise on best methods of repair and determine repair times in consultation with the Manager & vehicle manufacturers’ information
- To ensure service and repair targets are met.
- To ensure financial targets are met within own sphere of responsibility, maintaining minimal stock of parts, authorising orders up to the prescribed limit.
- To ensure all work is carried out within a realistic time
- Researches information and develops new procedures in conjunction with his Manager to improve the workings of his department.
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedure
- Running and analysing various tests on vehicles
- Test driving vehicles to determine faults and performance.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Signing off jobs
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Maintain tools and environment