Maintenance Machine Technician (Plastic Injection Moulding Machines) None other Please
Maintenance Machine Technician
A reputable Plastic Manufacturing company based in Johannesburg is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Injection Machine Technician to join their team.
To perform daily checks on plastic injection moulding machines and other production equipment to prevent malfunctions and reduce machine downtime. The Maintenance Machine Technician is responsible for the following:
· Daily communication with Setters relative employees to cleaning, greasing and oiling plastic injection moulding machines; replacing air, oil and water filters
· Basic repairs; inspecting, adjusting and/or replacing worn parts
· Recording work performed on machines; inventory of oils, greases, filters and supplies
· Safety checks on machines
· Responsible for safe operation and handling procedures in work area.
· Good attendance and attitude
· Valid Trade Test Papers (Electrical / Millwright / Fitter) with hydraulic experience
· Experience in working with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a Plastic manufacturing environment.
· Millwright Trade Electrical/Mechanical qualification
· Exposure in working on Engel, Negri Bossi and TMC Machines
· Working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance, maintenance and repairs of Plastic Injection Moulding Machines, Auxiliary Machines and Chillers / Compressors.
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good oral and Written Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Mathematical skills
General: The successful candidate must be willing to work shifts and overtime and be willing to work on a standby system and attend to call outs.