Junior Accountant + Procurement assistant
A furniture manufacturer is seeking to employ a full-time Junior Accountant to assist with the procurement paperwork as well. Preferably between the ages 25 - 35, but not essential.
The position requires daily maintenance of the financial records, cash flow management and stock purchasing paper work. Solid experience in accounting/bookkeeping essential, but purchasing experience is not required.
Our company has JSE Top 40 clients, as well as other internationally recognized brands. Exporting is large part of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
Bookkeeping up to trial balance, including debtors, creditors, bank, petty cash, journals, etc.
Cash flow management - budgets/reports, online banking, etc.
Monthly management accounts - analyze and report on changes (simplified system, TB to be imported)
SARS Tax returns
Monthly legislative reports i.e. employees' union, UIF, etc.
Administrative duties - filing, etc.
Assist procurement & dispatch with purchase orders, invoices and payments.
HR (outsourced to a reputable company)
The basic duties:
- Attendance & leave control
- Main liaison with outsourced HR company, employees' union & bargaining council
- Administrative duties - filing, etc.
- Mon to Thurs – 08:00 to 16:15
- Fri - 08:00 to 15:00
- Weekends & Holidays - Closed
- Annual Shutdown - around 20 Dec to 21 Jan
- computer skills (windows) : 3 to 4 years
- bookkeeping : 3 to 4 years
- tax return preparation : 2 to 3 years
Grade 12 / Senior Certificate minimum.
Tertiary qualification advantageous.
Min 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
Fully computer literate and must have solid excel experience.
Experience on an accounting software package (Pastel, Quickbooks, etc.)
Fluent in English and must be a good communicator.
Own reliable transport
A responsible person who takes pride in their work, is responsible and is accountable.
The ability to work under pressure and meet operational and reporting deadlines.
A problem solver.
A team player.
This position reports to the directors.
- Salary: R12 000.00 - R20 000.00 Per Month
- Bonus: Annual, based on performance