Our client, a manufacturing company in the Northern suburbs, is seeking to employee a Floor Manager.
- Small scale and mass production manufacturing.
- Production line.
Preferably a minimum of 5 years’ experience in:
- Hands on manufacturing experience in production line environment – driving productivity and quality finished goods.
- Production planning and scheduling.
- Experience working in a small manufacturing company.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Knowledge of an ERP / MRP system will be to your advantage.
- Technical Certificate or similar qualifications.
- Good interpersonal, communication and management skills.
- Manage and discipline, monitor and review performance of subordinates.
- Arrange training and development to ensure improvement.
- Ability and willingness to work on the factory floor / “getting hands dirty”.
- Ensure optimal operation of production and maintenance of factory.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive with strong numerical ability and detail orientation.
- Ability to multitask and being assertive.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Deadline driven and able to work independently without supervision.
- Working knowledge of information systems and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive productivity, output and quality.
- Hands on approach to leadership – be on the floor as often as possible.
- Important to be flexible to adjust production where needed on very short notice.
- Evaluation and reporting on productivity of workers, equipment and the factory.
- Employ innovative ways to motivate and encourage.
- Setting up and ensure adherence to production targets.
- General minor maintenance and repairs.
Salary offered: R20 000 – R25 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Salary: R20k - 25k pe month
Job Reference #: RUD19