Senior Buyer - Epping
A vacancy exists for a Senior Buyer at a well-recognized manufacturing company in the Western Cape.
- Tertiary education in procurement and / or finance is essential.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Minimum of 5 years in procurement roles within the manufacturing environment.
- Working experience with VAT, FEC, customs and clearing agents is essential.
- Excellent telephonic and communication skills.
- Computer literacy is essential (JD Edwards an advantage).
- Well organised and sound work ethic.
- Target orientated and able to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
Duties will include:
- Negotiation with suppliers, local and foreign, to achieve the best quality, price and service.
- Controlling and issuing of purchase orders and follow through on deliveries.
- Maintain records of all matters relating to purchases.
- Regularly review suppliers and recommendations regarding alternative products and BEE purchasing requirements.
- Accurate general ledger account allocations on orders.
- Manage outstanding / open orders on JD Edwards system.
- On time document preparation for month end.
- Provide cost management information timeously to Department Managers.
- Manage Drivers and Assistant Buyers.
- Liaising with Treasury and clearing agents.
In summary, buyers are accountable for procurement to make available the best products, at the best price, at the right time to ensure continuous and optimal operational activities.
To support, coordinate, advise and monitor procurement systems, processes and people in the business by applying subject matter expertise in procurement activities aimed to ensure optimal production.
Location: Epping, Western Cape
Salary: R28 000 – R35 000 per month
Starting date: 1 May 2020
Please forward your CV to be considered for this position if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks.
Salary: R28k - 35k pe month
Job Reference #: RUD57