Continuous practice and implementation of lean principles/management whilst carrying out the following responsibilities:
· Ensure department is ready to start and staff are at their stations at 07:00
· Hold daily meeting with staff to allocate responsibilities and communicate production plan
· Oversee the receiving of Raw Material for production
· Ensure that production is carried out in accordance with the plan and the Works Order instructions.
· Oversee the following procedures - Inserts packing, box packing, Silica packing, press punching, cutting of raw material.
· Ensure that Line clearances are carried out at the start, when there is a batch change and at the end of production to prevent product mix or contamination.
· When two different sizes are manufactured the lines are separated to prevent mix-ups.
· Ensure that reject or incorrect Raw Material is dealt with as per the Company’s Quality Management system without causing production delays
· Identify and resolve problems/inefficient methods/waste
· Hands on involvement and leadership with 5s Implementation and sustainability
· Capturing production output information.
· Enforce Hygiene and gowning standards – ensure that the standard is strictly adhered to.
· Ensure the cutting machine is serviced regularly.
· Report any mechanical breakdowns immediately.
· Oversee the control of dies and condition of dies.
· Ensure equipment is calibrated.
· Ensure all finished products are boxed and labelled correctly.
· Ensure that all measuring equipment is in good condition.
· Ensure maintenance checks and maintenance are carried.
· Ensure validation is documented and signed off after repairs/service.
· Responsible for the housekeeping and safety of the Insert department, Insert Raw Material and Insert finished goods department.
· Report any pest/rodent activities in the department
· Ensure all documents relating to the department and production are completed timeously
· Ensure Good Documentation Practice within the department.
· Ensure quality checks are done and recorded as per the Company’s Quality Management system.
· Hands on leadership/guidance/supervision of insert personnel.
· Measure and Monitor the performance of the Insert Personnel.
· Carry out performance evaluations and feedback.
· Identify training needs and carry out training
· Active involvement in corrective measures for staff.
· Monthly Stock count of Inserts Raw Material and Finished Goods
Salary on offer is R10 000.00 per a month
Please e-mail your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org