VACANCY: PATTERN MAKER, GARMENT TECH - CLOTHING - CAPE TOWN / FREELANCE WORLDWIDE.
The company is an up and coming international apparel industry leader, offering men’s & women’s wardrobe solutions for their everyday, wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, we are committed to delivering iconic clothing pieces and trusted, quality perfumes to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Pattern maker. The Pattern maker will work with the Design and Production teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produce “first” proto patterns interpreting designs and draping fabric/muslin on a form to duplicate the designer sketch-must give consideration to stand fit, components, trims and construction.
• Review design lines of garment with Designers and Directors
• Prepare a cutter’s must (reference tool that contains a list of garment pieces/components, trims and garment construction information to make the garment) for cutter and sample makers.
• Guide cutters and sample makers in proper cut info, and construction of garment
• Prioritize workload based on Design and calendar dates
• Work regularly with Designers, sample cutters and sample makers
• Prepare and correct pattern to Design/fitting comments and release to Tech Design for overseas production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Pattern making course(s)
• Minimum 3 years work experience handling various types of garments and fabrics.
• Experience/knowledge utilizing Gerber Cad Systems is an advantage but not necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and any basis of disability.
Apply via email with your resume in PDF format :)