DTP OPERATOR/SILKSCREEN MACHINIST/ GRAPHIC DESIGNER AVAILABLE 063 0827241
Good day. I am a highly experienced Silkscreen Machine operator / DTP Operator with good knowledge of Corel Draw. Specializing in Roland (Versa works) and Mimaki (Rasterlink) large format printers.
Capable of The following;
– Artwork Origination or redrawing using Corel Draw.
-Good eye for detail and assessing feasibility of final print for silk screening.
-Generation of positives for 4 colour, six colour carousels and full colour prints where RIPS are available.
-Knowledge of all inks and solvents used in the industry and their applications to different materials for print.
-Screen mesh selection for different texture of items.
-Good colour matching abilities given Spot colours or samples to match.
-Coating and exposure of screens to near perfection.
-Mounting and registering up to six colours on manual carousels.
– Unsupervised operation of carousels with good eye for detail and quality control.
-Ensuring the right type of inks are used for specific materials and applying the appropriate after-print techniques to ensure print durability.
-Can print all types of Corporate Gifts, fabrics and any other items that can be branded by silkscreen.
-Good knowledge of Mimaki and Roland Large format printers. Currently working on a daily basis with Roland SG300i, VS300i, VP300i and SP540V.
– Experience with all elements of Sublimation and running EPSON Sublimation machines.
-Good knowledge of fabrics used in Sublimation and applications to different uses in Sportswear or uniforms.
-Basic maintenance of machines and ensuring good quality print with accurate print-cut
– Accurate media set-up of machines for long job runs be it Sublimation, Matt heat transfer or Stickers.
– Constant monitoring of print (and) or cutting and replacing machine components where need be.
-Redrawing of artwork given bad J-PEGS for final approval be it for vinyl application of Prepress Heat transfers.
– Working with various Vinyl’s and Heat transfer Media with good knowledge of their application and ensuring transfers and stickers are of good quality print and cut before dispatching to factory
-Assigning cut-outs for Vinyl or heat transfers using Roland Cut-Studio to a Camm-1 Servo cutter.
-Good communication skills with regards the feasibility of job runs and liaising with Management on Job Turnaround times
-Ordering of material and machine consumables
I am currently working as a DTP Operator/ Silkscreen machine operator for a Gauteng Branding Company and can be contacted on 063 082 7241