Forklift Driver Wanted
Applications are invited for a Forklift/Hyster Driver position based in Mthatha
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Drives a forklift
- Ensure forklift is in a good state of operation (maintenance checklists and fault reporting)
- Complete daily forklift checklist.
- Complete load registers, logbooks, delivery notes, etc.
- Stacking and collecting of product in the plant room and yard area
- Loading of products onto transportation vehicles.
- Ensure that no breakages occur during the movement of stock.
- Ensure that safety rules and regulations are adhered to and implemented.
- Overtime and Public Holiday work will be required monthly
- Physical work will also be performed daily
- Required to undergo In-house and external training
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
· Clear Criminal Record – MIE fingerprints will be done
- Grade 8 - Grade 12
- Valid forklift driver’s license is essential.
- Code 10 drivers will be beneficial but not essential
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with operating a forklift.
- Own, WhatsApp capable phone essential
- Experience within a warehouse environment is essential
- Knowledge on loading and unloading of trucks is essential
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Display good communication skills
- Must be physically fit and able to do heavy lifting as there will be labour elements
· Sober minded
· Knowledge of safe working practises and procedures
· Physically fit and good eyesight
· Willingness to learn