Peninsula School Feeding Association, an established Non- profit organisation is recruiting a Warehouse Manager to join an efficient, motivated and professional management team. This position is based in Cape Town (Phillipi) and reports to the Director. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for all aspects of the smooth operation of the PSFA warehouse including stock management, health, safety an security, equipment maintenance and transporter liaison. The successful candidate would show a passion for their work, have a track record of meticulous warehouse management and a proven ability to lead and manage a warehouse team for success.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for, inter alia, the following duties:
- Warehouse Management
- Stock Management
- Transport Liaison
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Health, Safety, Security and maintenance of Warehouse and Head Office
- Equipment and Tools of Trade including cold storage facility management
- Report writing, and
- Stakeholder Liaison duties.
A detailed job description will be made available to those applicants interviewed.
- Diploma in Warehousing and/ Logistics.
- Degree in this field would be advantageous.
- A minimum of five years’ experience is required in a similar capacity (Logistics and Warehousing) and experience in managing a diverse team.
- Good understanding of logistics and functions within the supply chain is required.
- Candidate must have knowledge of food distribution in a FMCG or perishable environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook) and related office equipment, technology and systems.
- Working in Pastel or similar environment for stock capturing / movement is an advantage.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Relationship building
- Initiative and Influencing skills
- Attention to detail, meticulous
- Planning and organisation skills
- Leadership skills
- Time Management skills
A supportive working environment and a structured remuneration package offered
Closing date: 22 November 2019
Candidates who have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date should assume that their application is unsuccessful.
To apply please submit you cv and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org