Storeman (Shift work) – Non-EE
An established logistics company in Pretoria East will employ a Storeman who is willing to work weekly shifts on rotation. The successful candidate should ideally be based in Pretoria East, or willing to relocate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operational duties:
- Ocassionaly assist with the operational company phone and act as liaison between the drivers and the clients.
- Ocassionaly assist with local office driver and site visit responsibilities as & when required.
- Inspect all trucks/ vehicles and trailers that enter the premises:
- Complete the "Vehicle Checklist"
- Review stock deliveries.
- Examine all equipment.
- Fuel the trucks/ vehicles.
- Check/ inspect trucks/ vehicles tyre pressure.
- Check/ review inventory list for storage items.
- Oversee off-loading of storage items.
- Engage in quality-control of items packed into storage facilities.
- Prepare all pre-booked trucks/ vehicles for the following day:
- Complete the "Vehicle Checklist".
- Ensure all required equipment are loaded.
- Ensure all required outgoing stock are neatly packed.
- Check/ review inventory list for storage items to be dispatched.
- Oversee loading of storage items onto the trucks and trailers.
- Ensure all truck blankets are clean and folded.
- Maintain/ delegate overall truck and vehicle cleanliness.
- Park vehicles, trucks and trailers safely once inspected and fuelled.
- Add major truck/ vehicle/ trailer issues to the daily report.
- Ensure timely reporting of any and all problems detected.
- Manage the gate-access for vehicles/ pedestrians entering/ leaving the premises.
- Continually monitor the CCTV camera.
- General/ Other:
- Maintain general cleanliness of the yard and storage facilities (e.g. rubbish removal)
- Supervision & quality control of employees in the yard (e.g packers, truck washers etc.).
- Engage in any ad-hoc yard-master duties, as and when required.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12/ Matric qualification (relevant tertiary qualification beneficial)
- No/ minimal experience required - entry-level position (relevant/ retail experience ideal).
- Proficient verbal and written Afrikaans and English communication.
- Client-service orientated & ability to deal with difficult clients.
- Good administration skills and great attention to detail.
- Willing to work weekly shifts on rotation.
- Code 8 driver's license and own transport (Code 10/ 14 highly beneficial).
- (Ideally reside in Pretoria East, or willing to relocate.)
- (Technical skills/ experience highly beneficial e.g. carpentry; welding; mechanical).
Package & Remuneration
R10 000 – R14 000 CTC p/m, depending on skill and experience.
If you don’t receive feedback within 1 month, consider your application unsuccessful.
ATTACH YOUR CV TO YOUR GUMTREE APPLICATION (OR) EMAIL YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org