Livestock farm with Game farming potential For Sale
Date Listed 04/12/2016
For Sale By Agency
Graaff Reinet Farm: With topography of 30% plains & river and 70% hills it is the right mix of natural Karoo veldt types, riverine bush along +-4km Sundays river embankment, grasslands and irrigated lands to support various Livestock farming mix of Cattle, Boer goats, Angora goats and Sheep. The current activities does not include Angora, but was previously part of farming mix. All the natural Game types roams freely in abundance.
Size of farm: Approx. 2500 ha
CURRENT FARMING ACTIVITIES:
Cattle, Boer goats, Merino sheep and Game.
- Cows (Nguni)
- Merino sheep
- Indigenous Game is Kudu, Springbok, Rhebuck, Steenbuck and Duiker
- 2500 ha total (Carry capacity 3 ha per small or 18 ha per large livestock unit)
- +-12 ha Lucerne under flood irrigation, plus
- +-20 ha drylands can be re-instated and irregated from River, Fountain or Borehole
- A Fountain with constant flow of >100 000 litres/day into an earth dam
- Flood irregation (pump) from river or into a large earth dam (last to be re-instated)
- A strong Borehole near homestead not being used by current owner
- Two boreholes with Windmill pumps feeds livestock water points.
- Farm is devided in 10 fenced camps
- Game fencing around irregated camps
- Rest of neighbouring farms are similar mix of Livestock and Game farms
Buildings & outbuildings:
- Large and spacious Homestead (incl. 4 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom & seperate toilet, Lounge, kitchen, dining room, Office) with Escom power and water from Borehole
- Another house currently used as shearing shed can be restored
- A shed for Machinery and equipment
- Lucerne – 12 ha under flood irregation fenced in with Game fencing
- 20 Ha of dry lands ready for irregation
- Sundays river runs for 4kms through farm. This river's offspring is in Mountain ranges just north of farm.
- Abundance of natural indigenous Game with free roaming Kudu.
- Outstanding constant fresh water resources.
Agent: Riaan Van Tonder
See website: agri-land.co.za Ref. 169
Phone: 041 367 5362
Fax: 086 574 0798
Cell: 078 940 5242