Segway Guide Spier Wine Farm (Hospitality position)
Segway Spier has a vacancy for a Segway Tour Guide, to apply please send your CV along with a recent head & shoulder photograph to: email@example.com
This is an entry level, customer facing hospitality position. Any experience in hospitality, tourism, retail or customer facing position (e.g. waiter, restaurant host, etc) welcome. This is not a qualified tour guide position - although tour guides are welcome to apply.
The applicant must live within the Stellenbosch area and have no problems with arriving at 08:30am daily. Must be willing to work weekends, Public Holidays & the long days associated with the hospitality industry. Duties Include:
- Welcome guests.
- Train groups of people how to SAFELY ride Segways
- Lead tours through the vineyards, teaching guests about the farm (organic vineyards, natural water recycling, social/community projects & regenerative agriculture practices)
- Maintaining control of group at all times.
- Working hours: 08:30am – 17:30pm daily - Overtime: to 20:30 (sunset tours in Summer)
- Love for the outdoors (able to work outside all day in very hot conditions)
- Physically fit, able to run & operate at a fast pace all day.
- Confident in front of large groups of people.
- Fun & outgoing personality.
- Able to work fast & effectively under pressure.
- Able to control a group of people.
- Self-motivated & punctual.
- Fast learner & able to follow instructions.
- Able to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Works well in a team.
- Interest in biodynamic sustainable farming would be a plus.
- Customer focused.
- English speaking (Fluent)
Position is available immediately. Please send your CV along with a recent head & shoulder photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.