Individual Reservations Agent
Date Listed 20/09/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity EE/AA
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Dealing with all incoming enquiries regarding accommodation availability, rates, etc, as well as taking, processing and confirming these reservations.
- Dealing with all correspondence or communications with regards to the above.
- Furnishing all relevant GUESTS / CLIENTS with the necessary confirmation letters or pro-forma invoices.
- Furnishing all relevant GUESTS / agents with pro-forma invoices and following up on these, to ensure payments are received on or before their due dates.
- Collecting all travel agent vouchers and ensuring that the information on the voucher corresponds with that on Opera and that it is accurate and correct.
- Maintaining GUEST history records as well as VIP profile list (company details, designations, etc.)
- Responsible for adherence to laid down procedures and standards, to achieve the highest possible occupancies & average room rates.
- Effective filing & carrying out of additional duties, as requested by the Departmental Head.
- Collect payments on various OTA bookings.
- Follow up calls for payments / vouchers.
- Compile the no show report.
- Making and maintaining reservations on Marsha
The following are the requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and telephonic skills
- Computer Literacy – MS Word, Excel and Outlook a must
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- TEAM player with a positive attitude
- Previous reservations experience advantageous
- Knowledge of Opera Fidelio/ MARSHA a distinctive advantage
Should you be interested in applying for the position please forward a curriculum vitae and a covering letter detailing your abilities to Amber Baron at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax to (086) 535 274.
Closing date for applications is 27 September 2018.