Front of House Coordinator for busy Guest House and Conference centre required:
Date Listed 12/10/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
We are looking to employ a Front of House Coordinator for our busy Guest House and Conference Centre in Paarl.
This position will require the following:
1. To do room checks daily and coordinate the housekeeping staff.
2. Help with serving at the Conference Centre (Lunch, teas and snacks etc). When needed from time to time.
3. Help with overlooking the Conference Centre.
4. Check breakfast area and dining room tables. This position requires you to work “shift work” so you will have duties, depending on the shift you are on.
5. Check in of guests during the day and at night times. Coordinate the night staff if there are very late check inns.
6. Every third weekend you will be required to sleep over and to be on site for the weekend.
7. Answering phones. Working on the Hotellier programme to do direct bookings, if any walk-inns. (We do have a reservationist who deals with all the other daily enquiries and bookings, so this will just be basic).
8. Placing of orders and checking the stock from time to time.
9. Help to heat and prepare the food at night to put out for dinner.
11. Charging extras onto Guests bills.
12. Locking up at night and making sure that all Guests have been seen to. Handing over to the night staff.
13. Any other duties we require from time to time.
Qualities we are looking for:
The candidate for this position will have to be:
Needs to pay attention to detail.
Be able to work independently and be able to multitask.
Have good communication skills.
Good problem solving and decision making skills.
Needs to live in the Paarl area.
Qualifications and background:
1. Matriculation diploma / certificate.
2. Previous hospitality experience will count in your favour.
Please note that this is not a management position, you will also need to have your own transport to and from work and need to have a reliable working cell phone to be reachable at any time. (Should we need information when off duty and on duty)
Should you not have heard back from us in 7 days from sending your application, please consider the application unsuccessful.
You can email your CV and contactable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Negotiable at interview.