Senior Sous Chef
5 Star Multiple Award Winning Boutique Lodge, KZN Oribi Gorge requires qualified Senior Sous Chef
Responsible for taking control of Food Preparation & Presentation at both restaurants.
Manage & operate the Kitchen Facilities of the 2 kitchens
to the required standards of the company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Establish and maintain a par stock level of food commodities with an overall target
Kitchen Brigade with personnel that are cross-trained to ensure consistency of work performance at all times.
Maintain a high hygiene & safety standard in the kitchen at all times.
Using food products according to set quantities to effectively prevent wastage and pilfering.
Maintain par levels to prevent wastage & shortages.
Assist with stock control.
Take stock & submit to F&B controller as per standard practice
Maintain equipment & report any maintenance problems to Head Chef and Maintenance manager.
Maintain a clean working environment
Ensure standard recipes are followed.
Prepare food to the required standards & presentation standards.
Deal with special requests, special dietary requirements & allergies
Deal with customer complaints
Ensure Staff discipline & professionalism
Train & mentor junior staff.
Active participation in our sustainability vision and local veg and herb
Embrace the company culture
• A formal qualification in Food Preparation from a recognized institution.
• High standards of Food Preparation & Presentation.
• Ability to remain calm during busy periods & handle difficult situations
• The ability to work unsupervised.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good admin skills (computer literate), including a pleasant telephone
• Ability to work well within a team and willingness to assist in all areas
of service in the Lodge.
• At least 3 years’ exp. on a snr. chef level
Must have own transport and a valid SA driver’s licence
• Maintaining consistency and standards in all food production.
• Have high hygiene and safety standards.
• Effective stock controls and stock takes
• Maintain equipment workability
• Deliver outstanding personalized service by embracing the company’s culture
R10 000 - R15 000, depending on experience
Semi furnished single accommodation (water, electricity and gas incl.)
50% uniform contribution
7 days off per month
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
Please note if you have not received any response in 14
days your application has been unsuccessful