Head Chef required for Iconic Knysna Hotel
Duties: To ensure food production as per the companies set standard. To ensure that dedicated tasks are executed timeously and to the best of your abilities. To assist with menu and product development and to ensure smooth concept implementation.
• Ordering of high quality produces from approved suppliers at the correct time intervals
• Keep stock sheets and bin cards up to date with price increases
• Complete the order sheets to company standards
• Monitor temperatures of deliveries and fill in relevant logs to keep on file for 6 months as evidence.
• Keep prep sheets up to date and report to food and beverage manager on a daily basis
• Responsible for the capturing of stock at month end
• Keeping cleaning rosters, time sheets, fill in relevant logs, order sheets and maintenance rosters up to date and implemented
• Ensure menu costing’s are done and up to date as often as needed
• Monitor and log wastage on relevant log
Food quality and presentation 65%
• Maintain food quality and presentation standards set by Village and life (refer to SOP)
• To ensure and implement the preparation and service of high quality food
• Ensure all stock is treated and stored with respect according to standards set
• To stay up to date and implement industry trends
Reporting and communication 5%
• Communicating through daily specials to food and beverage manager and waiters
• Report necessary problems and shortages to food and beverage manager
• Attend production meeting on a daily basis with food and beverage manger
• Ensure that all HACCP standards are maintained as set out in the SOP
• Ensure that the kitchen equipment is clean and in working order at all times
• Maintain the tidiness of all store rooms, fridges and freezers
• Make sure that at all times the kitchen is in a hygienic, clean and orderly fashion as set out in the SOP
• Follow the set out cleaning schedule to ensure hygiene standards are adhered to according to the SOP
• To ensure a minimum wastage of all products and ingredients
• Eliminate wastage by monitoring the freshness of all produce in the fridge and other storage areas
• Fill in relevant log on wastage and give to food and beverage manager on completion.
• Assist food and beverage manager to keep staff personnel files up to date
• Make sure all village and life rules and regulations are implemented at all times throughout the food service unit.