The Sous Chef’s role is essential to the success of the culinary operation and in providing guests with a special and memorable dining experience. The Sous Chef needs to uphold strong discipline in the kitchen ensuring staff are performing in a professional manner and delivering food to the set standard. He/she is responsible for the kitchen, stock, revenues and cost of sale in the absence of the Head Chef.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications required:
· Previous experience in a 5-star hotel kitchen or similar environment
· Must be hard-working, dedicated and a team player.
· Must be enthusiastic and prepared to work shifts.
· Own transport preferable
Key Performance Objectives:
· Have outstanding product knowledge in food.
· Thorough knowledge of current leading culinary trends in food and beverage.
· To create, design and implement menus throughout the hotels outlets that meet the demands and exceed the expectations of guests as agreed with Senior Management.
· Thorough understanding of styles and several types of dietary requirements.
· To take complete responsibility for the procurement of all food related goods and materials necessary for the food production as well as the staff canteen.
· Assist the Head chef in meeting mandated cost of sales targets.
· Good understanding of basic accounting principles and be capable of assessing a Profit & Loss statement and forecasts.
· To assist in the responsibility for the profitability of his/her department.
· To assist in completing month end stock takes.
· To maintain all food cost and stocks in line with agreed budgets.
If you have what is required, then please apply with your comprehensive CV and portfolio.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we can only respond to successful applicants.