Make Every Moment Matter!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform and oversee the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of a wide variety of food products by methods and techniques directed by the Executive Chef in a safe, efficient, and healthy manner. Instructing and training of apprentice cooks on duty stations, and assuming responsibility for any culinary station. All production is carried out in line with appropriate food portion control, the departmental business plan, and The Group’s corporate guidelines, and service concepts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation
- Supervises and supports team members in own section to achieve optimum quality
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices at all times
- Ensures close down of section in accordance with departmental procedures and standards
- Minimum of 2 Years culinary experience
- A proven track record in a similar role within a quality environment and to be able to demonstrate excellent standards and team member supervision
- A positive approach, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for producing high quality customer care.
- Driven and ambitious to inspire the team to consistently deliver and exceed food and service standards
- Team player, clear thinker with excellent communication abilities
Want people to Instagram YOUR food? Then this is the kitchen for you!If you have not heard from us within 14 days after your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.