Occupational Therapist Required Cape View
Date Listed 03/10/2018
Job Type Full-Time
Our hospital in Cape Town is looking for a dynamic, rehabilitation orientated Occupational Therapist to join their exciting inter-disciplinary Therapy team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
• Degree in Occupational Therapy
• Current HPSCA and OTASA registration
• Membership for malpractice insurance
• Broad experience including orthopaedics, spinal cord injury and neurology
• Community service or 1-year experience as an Occupational Therapist in a rehabilitation environment.
• Valid drivers license with own transport
• Special interest/expertise within neurology
• Provide occupational therapy Interventions to patients referred to In-patient Department.
• Developing appropriate packages of care giving clinical and professional advice to patients, Carers and other health care professionals.
• Diagnosis, assessment and management of people with disabling conditions on an in-patient and out-patient basis.
• Knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice to the extent that it can be implemented correctly and safely.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of the ICF Framework.
• Good written and spoken English language skills.
• Effective interdisciplinary team member.
• Awareness of evidence base for interventions.
• Computer literacy (Beginner/intermediate Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook).
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work in a team with other therapists, doctors and nurses.
• Must be an adaptable/flexible individual who is comfortable in working in a dynamic environment.
• Be dynamic and able to prioritise your own workload.
• Available to work on a weekend roster / public holidays on rotation as part of your contracted hours.
• Understand physical rehabilitation and is excited by the challenges brought by it.
• Experience of working within an interdisciplinary team.
• Training/qualification in neurological/cognitive rehabilitation including NDT/Bobath or equivalent.