Our client, a Clinic and Day Hospital specializing in Cosmetic Surgery is looking to appoint an experienced Medical Receptionist in the Cape Town City Bowl area.
The successful candidate will be the receptionist to the practice, the clinic as well as the day hospital
START DATE: 1 DECEMBER 2019
- R13 000 – R14 000 per month
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 qualification.
- A Secretarial or a tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis.
- Working experience in and knowledge of Cosmetic Surgery and the Health and Skin Care Industry will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point experience essential.
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Communication skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
This is a full-time position.
- Mondays to Fridays from 08:30 until 17:00
- Attend to patients on the phone and in person.
- Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the Healthcare environment and support delivery of quality patient care.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients.
- Register patients according to established protocols.
- Assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation including medical insurance.
- Maintain and manage patient records.
- Answer incoming calls and deal with client inquiries.
- Transfer calls as required.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Collect co-pays and payments.
- Schedule Clinic and Day Hospital admissions, tests, scans and appointments for patients.
- Obtain external medical reports as required by Medical Professionals.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintain stock of forms and office supplies.
- Ensure reception area is well maintained, neat and clean.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Administration duties.
- Invoicing and receipting.
- Provide client refreshments.
- Provide patient support and support to medical personnel.
Please forward your CV if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Salary: R13k - 14k pe month
Job Reference #: MIE14