Technical Delivery Engineer - Stellenbosch
Our client, an entrepreneurial actuarial consultancy and software provider, was established in 2012 and has grown to a team of more than 30 employees, based in London, Stellenbosch (South Africa) and Stavanger (Norway).
There are two key components to the business; the consulting team advises their clients on actuarial, financial and statistical modelling and provides professional advice, and their software team continues to build out their innovative and award-winning enterprise modelling platform, Psicle.
The teams work closely together to deliver modern and effective solutions for their clients.
We are looking for candidates, with an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science background, with up to 3 years’ experience, to join our client’s dynamic software development team.
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Delivery Engineer to join their team based in Stellenbosch to start working as soon as possible.
The Technical Delivery Engineer will be assisting with the following:
- Software implementations.
- Manage Cloud environments.
- Infrastructure configuration.
- Technical support.
- Can think laterally, creatively and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a thirst for learning and professional development.
- Demonstrate ability to master new technology and apply skills across multiple platforms.
- Able to thrive in a close-knit team, sharing a commitment and passion to growing our business.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment.
- Thrive on a challenge.
- Care deeply about helping the team succeed and about delivering a high-quality work product for the client
Skills and Experience:
- Up to 3 years’ experience.
- Software development experience, preferably in C# / F# or other functional languages.
- Experience in QA processes, issue tracking and/or manual and automated software testing.
- Azure cloud management, MSSQL Server, Windows Server, Software Config Management.
- Understanding of multi-threading, multi tenancy, server resource allocation.
- PowerShell and other scripting tools.
To apply, please submit a resume / CV and a short cover letter also covering the following 5 questions (max 500 words):
- Tell us about a tech project you have worked on in the past or in your spare time.
- What would you hope to achieve in the first six months after being hired?
- What are your current IT strengths and weaknesses?
- Provide an example of how you have learnt and mastered new technology to solve problems.
- How would you explain software as a service (SaaS) to your grandmother?
Salary offered: R25 000 – R35 000 per month
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Salary: R25k - 35k pe month
Job Reference #: RUD78