Crop Research and Development Agronomist
Food Security is a Global Problem affecting every human. Become part of our Team. The primary responsibility of this role, as Crop Science Agronomist, is to perform field trial work pertaining to crop science research and Molecule Research and Development. This position will be located in the Western Cape area and will require the collection and management of data from the precision/crop specific research protocol. A firm understanding and working knowledge of Biological field trial techniques, agricultural technology and the crops in the Western Cape would be extremely advantageous but not compulsory.
The agronomist will become part of our team, but should be able to work and manage his projects independently.
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Analyse and interpret data
- Communicate well (verbal and written in both Afrikaans and English)
- Work with limited supervision
- Problem solving
- Work methodically and systematically
- Work under pressure
Key tasks involve
· Establishing field trials according to approved protocol
· Project planning and management
· Generate reliable field trial data in the Western Cape Area of South Africa that will result in product registrations and uses that are consistently effective.
· Resolving issues on the field and identifying potential opportunities to address needs as required.
· Communicate with co-operator farmers who are willing to have field trials on their farms.
· Correctly identifying weeds, diseases and pests in the specific crop where trial is applied.
· Evaluating field trials as per protocol and send updates to Senior Management.
· Recording all captured data accurately.
· Be responsible for direct supervision of a small team of permanent employees.
· Agricultural qualification 3 years minimum with Mathematical background / training.
· Must have code 08 driver’s license.
· Good time management
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong leadership abilities
· Computer literacy
· Hard and diligent worker
· Hands-on person with commitment to detail
· Will be required to travel long distances and be away from home from time to time
· Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained
Send your CV to the email@example.com today! Our company is an equal opportunity employer and ascribes to fair and equal skills ethics.