Seamstress - Ad posted by Kim Shaw
Based in Montague Gardens, Cape Town, an established, growing, family-owned business who are owner run and managed. They are hands on to ensure great service and quality within the manufacturing and selling of quality outdoor furniture and accessories, with a high quality and professional team who are part of the business and now part of the family. They started the business in 2003 and have well-known and established customers in South Africa who speak very highly of them.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual to fulfil the role of Seamstress. Someone who wants to be part of a team and help grow a business over several years, this is a stable lasting position for someone who fits well into the business.
You will be responsible for:
· In department of CMT (Cut Make Trim) – work part of team
· Sewing of parasol canopies and related outdoor products accurately and according to specification
· Sewing of cushions to spec
· Fabric cutting according to patterns given
· Keeping up to date with targets and timings of products
· Problem solving with help of management when required
· Adhering to floors policies and specifications
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
· 2 – 3 years’ experience as Seamstress
· Worked with a range of materials for outdoor use
· Neat workmanship
· Knowledge of cutting and working with patterns preferable
· Attention to detail is a MUST
· Lives locally within region of Montague Gardens
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm - WANTS to work
· Want to make GREAT quality products.